A Statement on COVID-19 and Patient Safety
As Ohio Gastroenterology Group continues to closely monitor the developments around COVID-19 (coronavirus), our top priority is the health and safety of our patients, staff and physicians.
Ohio Gastroenterology Group is committed to caring for the health of our community. With the recent outbreak of COVID-19, we are writing to share the extra precautionary measures Ohio Gastroenterology Group is taking to protect our patients, employees and doctors.
In an effort to minimize the spread of the coronavirus and to protect our patients, staff and doctors, we have taken the following steps:
- Prior to making appointments, and periodically until the appointment, we will screen all patients for symptoms or exposure to COVID-19. The will be accomplished by employing a questionnaire developed specifically for this purpose. Our call center is screening all patients, by phone with appointments in our clinics and ambulatory surgery centers (ASC). The phone screenings will occur when an appointment is scheduled as well as the day before a patient is scheduled to arrive.
- If the responses to the questionnaire raise a suspicion for symptomatic COVID-19 or exposure to the illness, the appointment will be postponed to account for the incubation period of the illness or until virus shedding is no longer an issue. Typically this may delay appointments for 14 days or more Patients may consider a Telehealth visit as an alternative. You will need to contact your primary care physician for further direction regarding management of your symptoms or exposure that lead to postponement.
- We will be checking the temperature of all of our patients upon their arrival. Temperatures of patients may be taken at all offices and at all ASC’s prior to procedure check in.
- We are limiting the number of people in our reception areas at clinics and ASC’s to patients only. Any accompanying family members and drivers will be asked to wait in their cars during the patient’s appointment.
- All patients will be required to call the front desk upon arrival (this number will be provided upon scheduled and posted on our door), and wait in their vehicle until advised to enter. We will direct you as to when to enter the building and where to go upon entry.
- Any necessary signatures and paperwork will be completed inside the exam room.
- Our staff will wear a mask and gloves when they are in close contact with patients.
- Our team will clean and disinfect all counters, doorknobs, and other surfaces after every patient contact.
- All Ohio Gastroenterology staff will be screened for symptoms and undergo daily temperature checks. They will be required to self-quarantine at home and seek appropriate medical help if they develop signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
Thank you for trusting us with your care. We never take it for granted and we sincerely work very hard to earn your confidence in our care in every encounter we have with you.