A Statement on COVID-19 and Patient Safety
As Ohio Gastroenterology Group continues to closely monitor the developments around COVID-19 (coronavirus), our top priority is the health and safety of our patients, staff and physicians.
Ohio Gastroenterology Group is committed to caring for the health of our community. With the recent outbreak of COVID-19, we are writing to share the extra precautionary measures Ohio Gastroenterology Group is taking to protect our patients, employees and doctors.
In an effort to minimize the spread of the coronavirus and to protect our patients, staff and doctors, we have taken the following steps:
- Prior to scheduling appointments, our scheduling team will screen all patients by phone, for symptoms or exposure to COVID-19. This will be accomplished by employing a questionnaire developed specifically for this purpose.
- If the responses to the questionnaire raise a suspicion for symptomatic COVID-19 or exposure to the illness, the appointment will be postponed to account for the incubation period of the illness or until virus shedding is no longer an issue. Typically, this will delay appointments for 14 days or more. Patients may consider a Telehealth visit as an alternative. You will need to contact your primary care physician for further direction regarding management of your symptoms or exposure that led to postponement.
- If you already have an appointment scheduled at one of our clinics or ASC’s and have since been directly exposed to COVID-19, whether you are vaccinated or unvaccinated, please call our office to reschedule no sooner than 14 days from the known exposure.
- We will be checking the temperature of all our patients upon their arrival. Temperatures of patients may be taken at all offices and at all ASC’s prior to procedure check in.
- Whether vaccinated or unvaccinated, we require all patients and visitors to wear a mask while inside our facility.
- Staff will always wear a mask while in patient care areas, and while inside the building.
- Our team will clean and disinfect surfaces between patients.
- All Ohio Gastroenterology staff will be monitored for symptoms and will check their temperature upon arrival to work. The staff are required to follow the same guidelines implemented for our patients. They are to self-quarantine at home and seek appropriate medical help if they develop signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
- Thank you for helping us take these steps to minimize the spread of this virus.
Thank you for trusting us with your care. We never take it for granted and we sincerely work very hard to earn your confidence in our care in every encounter we have with you.